We would like to invite our members to join the following event from Nikkei Inc., our Knowledge and Information Partner.
Event Untold Story of Chip War Session II: The Global Battle for Domestic Supply Chains
Date & Time
• Dublin: Tuesday, September 26, 2023, 4:00pm - 5:00 pm
• Tokyo: Wednesday, September 27, 2023, midnight - 1:00 am
*Archived video will be available to registrants after the session.
Fee Free of charge (Pre-registration is required.)
Semiconductors are essential to the way we live. They are key components in everything from smartphones to military infrastructure, and much of daily life that we take for granted would not be possible without them. Their importance to modern society has led some to regard them as the new oil, a source of national power and influence.
Now, a high-stakes battle for control of advanced chip technology and chipmaking supply chains is reshaping the global economy. Nikkei is proud to present “The Global Battle for Domestic Supply Chains,” the second session in our webinar series “Untold Story of Chip War.” We will be joined by three panelists, each with deep knowledge of the sector.
- Chris Miller is the author of award-winning global bestseller “Chip War: The Fight for the World’s Most Critical Technology.”
- G.Dan Hutcheson,Vice Chair of TechInsights Inc., is a recognized authority of the semiconductor industry with over 40 years of experience.
- Cheng Ting-Fang, Nikkei Asia’s Taipei-based Chief Tech Correspondent, has earned numerous awards in Asia and the U.S. for her in-depth reporting on vulnerabilities in the global tech supply chain.
Global semiconductor production is made possible by a vast network supplying equipment, services and a vast array of chemicals, gases and other raw materials. This complex supply chain spans borders, but many of its most important links are centered in Asia. Our panelists discuss the challenges facing economies as they attempt to build their own self-sufficient chip industries and how this competition is impacting the industry.
Please join us for an insightful look at this vital industry. You can submit questions for our panelists when you register for the event, and your input will help guide the discussion.
- Sep 27th 2023