Event Report: Hybrid Member Spotlight April
On Wednesday 26th April 2022, we held our first Member Spotlight event, in hybrid format.
We welcomed 5 members of the IJCC to give us an introduction of themselves and their company/organisation.
- Alena Blizhnikova, FSA - Actuary at Manulife Japan
- Paul Nugent - Senior Accountant at Mazars Japan KK
- Sean McLaverty - MEXT Programme Undergraduate Scholar at Yokohama National University
- Seiya Watanabe - Business Development Manager, Global Business Unit at Nikkei, Inc.
- Tadashi Onodera - Vice President at Micron Memory Japan
Our Member Spotlight speakers shared stories of their personal and professional experiences, their connection to Ireland/Japan, and what makes their company exceptional. We then had a Q&A session utilising questions from our online and in-person audience using Slido. The speakers and participants also mingled in a networking session post Q&A and met new people in the Japan-Ireland community outside of their network. For our in-person attendees, everyone shared a few drinks while networking in the Hearn Room in Ireland House. We had great representation from many industries including Finance, Publishing, Engineering and Education.
IJCC Director Rick Grehan was our MC and President Yoshihiro Tsuchiya and Vice President Eamonn Murphy were also in attendance on the evening.
Thanks again to our speakers and everyone who attended our Member Spotlight. We look forward to seeing you at the next one!
If you are an IJCC member who is interested in speaking in for our Member Spotlight, please reach out to secretariat [at] ijcc.jp.